There is nothing I don’t love about creating fun traditions with my little ones. I fell in love with muddy buddies (what my friends in New York City like to call “Reindeer Chow”) while we lived in North Carolina. Southern hospitality is no myth and you can be sure year after year my southern friends would bring plenty of sweets for us to eat. I found the recipe very easy to make and now that we are in Southern California, I love to pile up plenty of tins in our little red wagon and have the children deliver this must-try dessert door to door.
Here are the ingredients, but please make note that I am Italian and never measure.
- 1 box and a 1/2 of Chex™ Cereal
- 1 bag Nestlé® semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Skippy® Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Christmas Colored M & M’s
- Small Pretzels
- Containers for gift giving (Michael’s always has the deals)