I love a good, healthy salad that tastes refreshing for lunch or even accompanied with dinner. I found out about this salad when my hilarious girlfriend Erin called me and said she’s been eating this particular one for months. Of course not being able to ever follow directions I added a few things, but I knew I had to try this one. Who eats the same salad for months like this?
- one bag of shelled frozen edamame
- any cheese that you like ( I have used mozzarella, goat cheese, feta, sharp cheddar etc.). Cheese is also optional but i do suggest it.
- a large handful of fresh basil
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 2 celery stalks
- flax oil or olive oil
- pink salt & pepper
- one box of cherry tomatoes
- half a cup of red onions
- balsamic vinegar
- cook the frozen edamame in boiling water for at least ten minutes, drain and strain with cold water
- cut the cherry tomatoes in half, throw in a big bowl
- chop cucumber, celery, and onion into very small bites
- chop cheese up into small bites as well
- season with salt and pepper accordingly
- chop up the fresh basil and add it to the mix
- add the edamame that’s been drained
- sprinkle flax oil and balsamic vinegar till you like the taste
- toss all the ingredients above
Thanks to Erin, you too will be eating this one for weeks to come. It’s refreshing and the combination of the balsamic vinegar with all the fresh veggies and basil will have you wanting this again and again!
And lastly, I would like to leave you today with my top five must-have recipe books! I included links in case you wanted to add these to your recipe collection. Comment on this post for a chance to win one of these best sellers. Winner will be announced Friday!