“Rain Rain Go Away!” Not so much for these little tykes. I can tell you one thing about living in San Diego, it never rains and when it does, the kids are the first to pull out the umbrellas and rain boots and start the search for the perfect puddle.
Thunderstorms were the norm of the East Coast, but not so much on the West! Living in a climate that lacks any sort of change, makes you appreciate dancing in the rain. Well, at least for the Schaffer kids.
I love to throw a sweater on and some cozy UGG slippers when it rains. Preparing a hearty meal to warm up from the chill of the my three wet monkeys is a must. My cauliflower rice is a staple in my home and I am stoked to share this with you!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Trader Joes Coconut Oil
- small bag of shredded carrots
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1/4 onion
- pink himalayan sea salt
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water and pat dry
- using a cheese grater, grate the cauliflower IN A DEEP DISH POT (as it can tend to be messy as you grate) till its the size of rice grains
- Add two heaping tablespoons of coconut oil to the pot and add the onions and small bag of shredded carrots
- I cook this for about 8-10 minutes
Another option is to cook the onions first, but I haven’t tasted the difference. Also, I have tried this with peas and cilantro. A recipe thats super easy to experiment with and put your own twist on it. I love cauliflower rice as an alternative to starchy rice. It’s a Paleo & a Gluten Free thing! I also made a beef stew with this dish, but that I will post later on.
I found this little video of my kids running in the puddles when we used to live on the East Coast. I sigh…. They were so little and even though it rained more frequent, they used to enjoy the plentiful puddles…